new to jeepin

Can anyone help? I have a 1975 CJ5 , AMC 304 amc all original. The motor blew and i was wondering if i can put a small block 350 in it.
Well I have not done it myself but my freind has a 350 LTI in his 75 but right now all the axles are broke in it.;)

Well, if you have the time, and the money, you can do it. 350's into CJ's are pretty common. There is plent available as far as swap kits goes. Should be relatively easy to find. Hope this helps.

Well, if you have the time, and the money, you can do it. 350's into CJ's are pretty common. There is plenty available as far as swap kits goes. Should be relatively easy to find. Hope this helps.

It would be easier and cheaper to put another AMC 304 or a 360 in it, but if you want a 350 chevy start by reading these web sites, both have everything you need.
AdvanceAdapters.com | Engine & Transmission Conversion Adapters - Advance Adapters
Novak Jeep Conversions - Home

Can anyone help? I have a 1975 CJ5 , AMC 304 amc all original. The motor blew and i was wondering if i can put a small block 350 in it.
Rebuild it, It would be a fraction of the cost of repowering. I think resale would be higher too, if that maters. I run the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l motor cuse it came that way but guys seem pretty happy around here with there AMC 304 's.
Just my 2c again.:)

I'd bolt up a 360 before I put in a 350 and a AMC 304 .
Parts for AMC 304 's are getting hard to find. they made the 360's longer.

Cost me 200$ for a complete worn out 360.

Then 1800$ for the whole rebuilt.

Plus i keep the AMC in it.

If you go Chevy, alot of things will have to be different, ok so it's easy to put new motor mount and fab up a skid plate to adapt either the new transmision/tc setup and what not. It all the little details that bite in the :censored: in the long run. Gets frustrating at times.

I hve done 2 of them in the past, both different approach but always a lot of tiny details that make or break the fun into it.

Stick with AMC and it's pretty much plug and play!!!

I'd rebuild the AMC 304 . That's enough power for a CJ5 .

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom