New Weber Carb doesn't like steep inclines

New Weber Carb doesn't like steep inclines

willyhay

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
-1978 CJ5, stock 232, 3 speed,
-19?? Rockon trailbreaker 2 wheel drive mototractor
Hey everyone, I am new to this website and it looks like a great reference for any questions I have about my CJ5 . My AMC 232 i6 motor runs excellent EXCEPT when climbing a steep incline. I Have a 4" lift which lowers my Transfer Case tipping the engine back even farther. I installed a new weber 34/36 carb and it starts and runs awesome except for steep inclines. Is there something I can do to remedy this other than fuel injection? Any tips would be appreciated

Thanks

The Weber is a good carb, but it's still a carb.

That being said, they are finicky. I had to jet-down two of them just to get them to run like they should, they were brand new out of the box and came over jetted from the manufacturer.

I take it you have a Transfer Case drop with your lift?

I've seen angled adapter plates that bolt to the manifold. They tilt the carb forward some to help the gravity issue.

Any idea where one might find an angled adapter plate for the carb? That sounds like a cheap idea that just might work.

Any idea where one might find an angled adapter plate for the carb? That sounds like a cheap idea that just might work.
I first saw it in an offroad catalog. I did a quick google search but didnt find much. It's probably a Quadratech or 4wdh thing

an mc2100 will stay running while your climbing like a billy goat.

^^:notworthy:^^ amen to that.

I'm not a weber guy, but can you adjust the float level down a little like you can a holley. It helps them sometimes.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom