No real HP increase with new Weber

No real HP increase with new Weber

RTRCJ7

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7 Loredo ,restored, straight 6 , 4 speed
I installed a new Weber 32/36 and while there is no hesitation on starts any more , I dont really feel the claimed increase in power. It idles smooth , the choke works good , drives good under load ,everything seems to wok fine , just no added power that I can feel. I did install the fuel regulator with about 3.5 psi. Am I just expecting too much?

I have to agree with Old Dog. Running smooth and right is an indication that you have gained. Maybe you should get your seat calibrated :D

No need for thanks. :D
But really, it takes a pretty good power gain to FeeL it.
At least when your butt is as old as mine. LOL.

I pased on responding earlier but my thought was exactly as been said above, "It idles smooth , the choke works good , drives good under load ,everything seems to wok fine " What more can you ask for? a dif carb. is not gona add huge horsepower but if it cleared up the problems you stated then all good.:chug:

Oh ya, I'm not in this for any kind of thanks count.
Wait I take that back... I see the Old Dog has big numbers And I would like to catch him, it's no use though he's too smart.

Last edited:
I pased on responding earlier but my thought was exactly as been said above, "It idles smooth , the choke works good , drives good under load ,everything seems to wok fine " What more can you ask for? a dif carb. is not gona add huge horsepower but if it cleared up the problems you stated then all good.:chug:

Oh ya, I'm not in this for any kind of thanks count.
Wait I take that back... I see the Old Dog has big numbers And I would like to catch him, it's no use though he's too smart.

Ok then , one for both of ya :chug:

when i put my motorcraft carb on thats all i wanted. the dam thing to start and run good.

its not like putting a holley dominator 1100cfm on to a 572cid big block. but that engine would be sweet :D

when i put my motorcraft carb on thats all i wanted. the dam thing to start and run good.

its not like putting a holley dominator 1100cfm on to a 572cid big block. but that engine would be sweet :D

Yeah , I guess with that much money invested I was expecting the front tires to come off the ground on every take off .I will adjust my expectations in the future:D

If you are looking for more performance I think the 4.0 head is first order of business along with just the factory 4.0 header it is claimed to add 40hp. There is some debate on that figure but it is seat of the pants noticeable for sure.

The only bolt on performance pice that I actually felt a difference with was a intake spacer. It did give a better throttle response on my TJ with a 4.0 in it. When I say bolt on, I mean it as a simple install that takes 15 minutes or less that ANY level of driver can do.

Ok , upon further review, I found that the linkage was not adjusted correctly and was not allowing the second barrel to open. So after I made that adjustment I can definitly feel the difference now.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom