Now thats a drive shaft

Now thats a drive shaft

Jroch

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tacoma 4x4, 1985 CJ, 2006 E250
UPS delivered my Tom Woods Dirve Shaft today WOW I am impressed with the quality and looks of it going to choke down some pizza and run out to install it :D

IMG00095-20091109-1725.jpg

UPS delivered my Tom Woods Dirve Shaft today WOW I am impressed with the quality and looks of it going to choke down some pizza and run out to install it :D

Damn im going to go with Tom Woods that just looks unbreakable!

They definitely know how to build them! As the saying goes - you get what you pay for! :)

Their CV shafts are superb!

BTW - Tom Woods name to fame is CS - They stand behind everything they make and are great to talk to.

If you have a local DS service - I would check them out... You might be surprised! :)

That is a good looking shaft. Can you tell us how much play you had in the slip joint?? Aparently it was an excess of torque rather than being out of balance that caused your failure. How much larger is the new slip compared to the old?? that is what always bothered me about the stock shaft was the slop in the slide caused by climbing things with it I would guess. :cool:

That is a good looking shaft. Can you tell us how much play you had in the slip joint?? Aparently it was an excess of torque rather than being out of balance that caused your failure. How much larger is the new slip compared to the old?? that is what always bothered me about the stock shaft was the slop in the slide caused by climbing things with it I would guess. :cool:

On the old shaft I had a lot, on the new shaft it felt like it was spring loaded!!! I was actually able to stick the drive shat in place with out bolting. I also had them cut the spline's full length on it? He said it was an option and I said yes

I looked at their site and never got any real numbers just the "bigger, better, new and improved" I like the full length spline idea.Your site seems to be better than the one I was on TY.
It looks like a great shaft and not too bad a price for something you are only going to buy once in a lifetime.
I have always thought that the front shaft was a sad joke but hoped that the fact that it would never be put to highway speed would keep it from doing major damage when it finely broke/bent at the slide.
I wisk I could take things off the list as fast as I put them on.:cool:

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom