Now what? Weber is on....

Now what? Weber is on....

firedocs

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep Cj-7 Black and Honey Laredo, hard top 5 speed manual, Bone stock head to toe-Factory A/C, stainless package, 258-I6, stock carter bbd, less than 100k miles.
OK guys finally got the Weber on and all hooked up. However I am left with lots on hoses and wires with no direction in their life. Should I gut all of them? I think that I have the basics from what you all have said, ie-Dist. brake booster, egr.(Vac). I had only one wire for the carb as far as electronics go, all those "sensor wires" can be trashed I guess. I have included pictures of the two big hoses that used to go into the A/C cover--the other end goes to the exhaust..how do I get rid of those? Anyway all you carb upgraders let me hear what cha did...Thanks

Attachments

• Weber upgrade 001.jpg
    Weber upgrade 001.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 595
  • Hoses.jpg
    Hoses.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 364
  • Wires.jpg
    Wires.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 311
  • Weber upgrade 007.jpg
    Weber upgrade 007.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 344
Well the question from us is do you have emissions testing? Does anyone look under your hood? If not getting rid of all that junk will clean up the underside of your hood. If you have inspectors look under your hood you need all that stuff.

Oh good question sorry I did not mention. NO emissions and prob. not in the future either. I have intentions on removing Cat from exhaust soon too. I would LOVE to clean up under the hood. Please advise.
Tim

Junk it all then and throw it in a box :chug:

sweeeet...hey what about the two bigger robber hoses that work their way back to the exhaust system? How do i close these up and where? At the point where they go into the exhaust? just cut and maybe crimp together?( the ones in the pic with arrows.)
Tim

WOW, I never got to see all that :dung:. This is my set-up from the PO. Any help to ya?

Attachments

• Copy of P2050846.jpg
    Copy of P2050846.jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 830
  • Copy of P2050850.JPG
    Copy of P2050850.JPG
    84.5 KB · Views: 354

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom