oil dip stick leaking

oil dip stick leaking

dalefan88

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Resources
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj5 258, t150, dana 20 transfer case, dana 30 front, 20 rear,warn hubs,2.5" procomp lift,teamrush,msd box,mc2100 carb,hedman header,clifford intake,optima battery, ford shock towers.
when i changed my dizzy yesterday i noticed that oil is leaking from the tube on to my starter. is there a o ring in there so i can just pull it out and change it? i dont want to pull it out if im going to break something. o its a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l engine. thanks

my experience is most engines have an o ring, but I do not have a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l

its leaking where the tube goes in the block.

Pulled mine kinda rounded the little lip a little more, added some threadsealant and tapped it back in using a piece of 2x2, didn't want to damage it with a hammer.
Never leaked again.

im use to this thing leaking lol it is a amc. just dont want it to wreck my starter if im out in the middle of no where.

If you pull the tube you'll see it has a raised lip that holds it in.
A little help with a screw driver will help make it a little bigger, and a sealant and your good.

If you pull the tube you'll see it has a raised lip that holds it in.
A little help with a screw driver will help make it a little bigger, and a sealant and your good.

i think thats what im going to do the next time i get to mess with it.

thats the only place mine leaks right now its not bad just about a 1/2 quart every 2 weeks, before i rebuilt it the damn thing would leak and burn a quart every two days. there was so much oil all over the underneath of the jeep i didn't have to worry about it rusting anymore lol

X2 on what brock said. Mine leaked so i pulled it out tried an o-ring first and that made it worse, got some black RTV and hasnt leaked since.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom