oil pressure in 232 low

oil pressure in 232 low

wardly258

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1975 cj5 232I-6 w/44 in rear and 30 in front
my CJ5 with a AMC 232 i6 has low oil pressure its about 60 psi at star up but after it warms up it drops to about 40 at 1500 rpms them at idle its about 10 to 15 ive already replaced the oil pump twice to see if that was the issue it help a little but not much. does anybody know a normal operating pressure for the AMC 232 i6 . also will a AMC 304 bolt up to a T-14 trany or should i just put the 350 in it because ive already spent 800 on a cam oil pumps, gaskets, lifters, rockers and its drivin me crazy :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang: :bang::bang::bang::bang:

IMO if it has good presure when cold but drops when warm the bearings are probably getting worn. But if it still has 10-15 pounds at idle I wouldn't worry yet.

rule of thumb is 10 psi per 1k rpms. warm.
you are good to go.

It is when that pressure drops to 2 psi or 0 psi that you should park it and fix things.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom