Opinions on twin stick shifters for a Dana/Spicer 20

Opinions on twin stick shifters for a Dana/Spicer 20

Rescue Diver

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ-7 with a fiberglass body and 1982 wide track axles, 258 I-6 with a 1995 4.0 head, HEI distributor, Motorcraft 2100 Carb, T-18 wide ratio tranny, Super Lift Springs and 33s, a 1997 BMW 328i, and a 2010 REDLINE CONQUEST TEAM Cyclocross Bike. :)
I found out over the weekend that my old stock Dana 20 shifter is so sloppy loose that it's damn near impossible to get it in 4 low.

Does anyone have opinions on the twin stick shifter brands that are available? I have my Dana 20 behind a CJ original T-18 so it'll need to be the longer one to still line up with the hole in the floor.

I bought my twin stick from JB Custom Fabrication. They make lots of twin sticks and I am very happy with mine (also a Dana 20 ). Here's the link:
JB Custom Fabrication: Twin-stick shifters
It comes with a boot but I did a little metal work to install the boot because I have a 1.5 inch body lift (that I wish the PO didn't do). You can see from the picture below that even without the body lift the shift lever would have to move the boot several inches. That is why I did the mod to lower where the boot attaches. The boot works better if it is near the pivot point of the levers.
twin_shift_close_up__small.jpg

That is very similar to my problem with 4L, I have a 1" t case spacer PO put in to accomadate the 4.5" lift and it does the same thing a body lift does in that the shifter boot is farther from the fulcrum and the boot pushes the lever back out of 4L and is annoying to say the least. Since I have lowered it back down a couple inches I plan to remove the case lowering stuff but like allways when you touch one thing it leads to another! My new exhaust setup only has 1/2" clearance on the skid plate so I get to redo that now.:mad:

I bought my twin stick from JB Custom Fabrication. They make lots of twin sticks and I am very happy with mine (also a Dana 20 ). Here's the link:
JB Custom Fabrication: Twin-stick shifters
It comes with a boot but I did a little metal work to install the boot because I have a 1.5 inch body lift (that I wish the PO didn't do). You can see from the picture below that even without the body lift the shift lever would have to move the boot several inches. That is why I did the mod to lower where the boot attaches. The boot works better if it is near the pivot point of the levers.
twin_shift_close_up__small.jpg
they sell these on ebay to. i've always wondered about the quality of em, you know, with em being on ebay and everything

they sell these on ebay to. i've always wondered about the quality of em, you know, with em being on ebay and everything
There are a lot of quality parts on eBay. Check out how much positive feedback they get to find out how reputable they are.
When you do a search for "twin stick" on eBay most of the TCase sticks are from JB Custom Fabrication.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom