Output yoke

Output yoke

firewoodman64

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5, Fiberglass body(complete), 304 V8
Anyone had a output yoke stripe out on their ride????? Have not took it off yet cause I thought it may be the driveshaft. I guess it could even be the shaft it self. I am hearing like a stripping sound and some clunking under pressure. Any and all answere's is greatfully appreciated.

Thanks from the Foothills of NC:chug:

Check your slip yoke on the drive shaft.

Check the differential.:cool:

Driveshaft is good. Output yoke has quit abit of movement not so much side to side but in the rotation of it. Nut is loose. Would this cause some problems if it was a little loose. Have not checked rearend yet. How would I check it???????? Yoke fills good, tight. I can turn yoke about 1/4 to 1/2 in. then it has a clunking like feeling and stops. Any more Ideas?????????

I would start by taking the diferential cover off and checking for "extra parts".

Driveshaft is good. Output yoke has quit abit of movement not so much side to side but in the rotation of it. Nut is loose. Would this cause some problems if it was a little loose. Have not checked rearend yet. How would I check it???????? Yoke fills good, tight. I can turn yoke about 1/4 to 1/2 in. then it has a clunking like feeling and stops. Any more Ideas?????????

Do you have the driveshaft out right now so you can tell which end has the slop. ie. t/c end or diff end.:confused:

Do you have the driveshaft out right now so you can tell which end has the slop. ie. t/c end or diff end.:confused:

Driveshaft is out and in great shape. Feeling a little slop in the T/C side and getting about a 1/4 to a 1/2" rotation on the Rearend yoke and then a clunking feeling, then stops.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom