PCV valve on a 304 motor

PCV valve on a 304 motor

grunt

Active Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1979 CJ 304, 400 automatic
I have a Edelbrock carb and performer intake manifold. Where do I put a PCV valve at? I know the valve covers have no area for a "push in" type like a chevy 350. Thanks.

Unless I'm missing something the pcv valve goes in the valve cover and the hose will go to the vac. fitting on the bottom of the carb.

Since my engine is out, I snapped a picture of the back where the PCV grommet and valve goes. Mine's a 401 but it's the same Edelbrock manifold for all the AMC V8 engines. Mine doesn't have EGR and yours might so that may look slightly different.

The big empty hole next to the water outlet back there is where the grommet goes. The PCV valve then just pushes in to the grommet hole.

3859d1286843843-pcv-valve-304-motor-pa110001.jpg

Attachments

• PA110001.JPG
    PA110001.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 18,704
Since my engine is out, I snapped a picture of the back where the PCV grommet and valve goes. Mine's a 401 but it's the same Edelbrock manifold for all the AMC V8 engines. Mine doesn't have EGR and yours might so that may look slightly different.

The big empty hole next to the water outlet back there is where the grommet goes. The PCV valve then just pushes in to the grommet hole.

OK, so the PCV valve goes in the manifold intake in the rear. Thanks derf...

Hey derf up and to the left there is a tower thing coming out of the manifold. In the pic there are some washers sitting next to it.

What the heck is that I was looking at my Holly street dominator that i plan to use with my Tuned Port Injection swap and I could figure out what that is for??????

Hey derf up and to the left there is a tower thing coming out of the manifold. In the pic there are some washers sitting next to it.

What the heck is that I was looking at my Holly street dominator that i plan to use with my Tuned Port Injection swap and I could figure out what that is for??????

Like CJ said, that is a mounting boss for the throttle cable bracket. You can see the bracket bolted to the top of it. If you like I can take off the throttle bracket and bolt it on to the Holley Street Dominator manifold I have ready to go into my J10. That way you can see how it mounts.

Again, not sure where I came up with this but here is the AMC V8 diagram.

Attachments

• CJ - AMC V8 Vac.jpg
    CJ - AMC V8 Vac.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 25,797

I snapped a couple of pictures of mine to show you. There are 2 sets of holes in the bracket. I use the other set when I attach it to the Edelbrock manifold, as you can see by the wear marks in the paint on the holes. With the Holley, the mounting points are closer to the plenum opening and would interfere with the carburetor if you used the same holes as the Edelbrock uses. I'm betting that there are two different mounting positions between factory 2bbl and 4bbl manifolds and they just use the one bracket for both.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• PA210002.JPG
    PA210002.JPG
    52.9 KB · Views: 1,711
  • PA210003.JPG
    PA210003.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 1,363
  • PA210004.JPG
    PA210004.JPG
    38.1 KB · Views: 1,398
I snapped a couple of pictures of mine to show you. There are 2 sets of holes in the bracket. I use the other set when I attach it to the Edelbrock manifold, as you can see by the wear marks in the paint on the holes. With the Holley, the mounting points are closer to the plenum opening and would interfere with the carburetor if you used the same holes as the Edelbrock uses. I'm betting that there are two different mounting positions between factory 2bbl and 4bbl manifolds and they just use the one bracket for both.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

thanks i am tracking now... kinda feel like an arr tard... but tracking. cant wait for my wiring harness so i can start the tpi

thanks i am tracking now... kinda feel like an arr tard... but tracking. cant wait for my wiring harness so i can start the tpi

If you look closely in the second picture, you can see under the bracket that the vacuum port is covered. You'll either need to plug that port or find a 90 degree fitting to put there to be able to use it. Considering that there are two more ports on the other side, a plug may work well there.

Though you may have a different bracket that clears that port just fine.

I was going through boxes today and found the grommet and PCV valve...

attachment.php

Attachments

• PA290002.JPG
    PA290002.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 3,815
Edelbrock makes 2 versions of the Performer Intake Manifold
You can get ERG or Non_ERG (with and without a PVC)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom