Performance upgrade for Howell EFI

Performance upgrade for Howell EFI

dslywalker

Full Time Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 CJ7,258,stock
Original Owner
I haven't heard much about Fuel Injection here but I was wanting to change out the Dizzy and Ignition box.I don't know if anyone is familiar with Howell EFI just another way to get rid of the ole BBD.
I called Howell and they said go with the DUI HEI for a dizzy.I can't remember all I read on the forum [CRS I think] but are they too much of a top load for a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l cause they set on a angle.Also I think you have to change the gear so its compatiable with the cam.
My question is DUI a good product and what else would I have to do to it before I install it.I believe this should also get rid of the ignition box.Howell isn't a bad product but mine has always lagged in the power department.I thought adding a HEI to it would help.Then re-tuning the chip in the ECM for the distributor change.
Any advise would be great:D
Thanx Mike

I am a fan of the TFI up grade rather than the HEI. It is easier and cheaper and you just upgrade the dizzy you have. add an MSD6 CDI and the 8920 tach adapter to run the EFI and you should be able to burn kerosene.
just doing my part to confuse the issues.:D

I haven't heard much about Fuel Injection here but I was wanting to change out the Dizzy and Ignition box.I don't know if anyone is familiar with Howell EFI just another way to get rid of the ole BBD.
I called Howell and they said go with the DUI HEI for a dizzy.I can't remember all I read on the forum [CRS I think] but are they too much of a top load for a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l cause they set on a angle.Also I think you have to change the gear so its compatiable with the cam.
My question is DUI a good product and what else would I have to do to it before I install it.I believe this should also get rid of the ignition box.Howell isn't a bad product but mine has always lagged in the power department.I thought adding a HEI to it would help.Then re-tuning the chip in the ECM for the distributor change.
Any advise would be great:D
Thanx Mike

I thought of that also.I couldn't find anyone who tried doing that yet with Fuel Injection.Thanx for the input.
Mike

The 6 A is the base model of the capacitive discharge ignition. I think the 6 has a few more bells and whistles. I am using a ford TFI coil that would be found in a 3ooCI l6 f150.:cool:

Hey IO what coil are you using with yours.The TFI upgrade is the Team Rush upgrade??????? I was reading this link here for some info.I notice they use the 6A MSD instead of 6

Tach and MSD 6A - JeepForum.com

Thanx Mike:notworthy:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom