pic of motor

pic of motor

DIG

Jeeper
Thanks
Can I get some pics of the engine bay of a AMC 304 especially the passenger side where the starter solonoid is and if you have a gm one wire, pics would be sweet too! Thanks trying to get this thing wiried up!

An FYI - Click on Longhorns images for a full size view! :)

ummm whoa, thank you sir, I dont think I could ask for much more, wow! Thank you once again! :notworthy::chug:

ok fellas i am still having some issues wiring this thing! Okay I have all these wires what went to the relay, is two of these wire for the oil and temp gauges?? I am hooking up my gm one wire, which wire do I use, obviously I can do away with some of the wires that went to the alt but which ones..... Also I dont know which wires go to the side post? I had two different diagrams and they kind of confused me, which wires go to the I side of the relay and which go to the S side? I ran new gauges for the temp and oil so if two wires where ran to the solonoid for them, I dont need them anymore...I can already tell, this winter the jeep is getting a painless, its a mess.......:mad:

What are you calling "the Relay"? Are you talking about the solenoid? Do you have a picture?

Sorry I guess its called the solonoid, the solonoid on the pass. fender.....thanks...:chug:
Oh yeah I can probably get a pic tom. the jeep is at a friends house, big mistake, I will never tear down a project at a friends house again, you have to work around their schedule before you can get anything done :-(

I think what your asking is what is the wire connected to the "S" terminal of the solenoid? That would be the temporary start wire. It only get's power while cranking.

Whoops I meant to post this one.solenoid_2.jpg

So all the other wires that went to the solonoid are probably just some rigged up stuff? Also the GM one wire, so do I jsut eliminate all the wires that went to the original alt and use the one wire I think it is like 8 gauge.....

There are so many possible combinations it's hard to say specifically. What Ignition are you running? You say GM one wire, is this something you did or is it a factory AMC set up? I run a Delco/ Remy Alt.,But it's a factory setup.

ok fellas i am still having some issues wiring this thing! Okay I have all these wires what went to the relay, is two of these wire for the oil and temp gauges?? I am hooking up my gm one wire, which wire do I use, obviously I can do away with some of the wires that went to the alt but which ones..... Also I dont know which wires go to the side post? I had two different diagrams and they kind of confused me, which wires go to the I side of the relay and which go to the S side? I ran new gauges for the temp and oil so if two wires where ran to the solonoid for them, I dont need them anymore...I can already tell, this winter the jeep is getting a painless, its a mess.......:mad:
To expand on what Longhorn said.

The I side of the solenoid is for IGNITION. It connects directly to the + side of your coil to feed 12v to the coil during the cranking of your ignition. It should by pass the ballist resistor and be connected directly to the coil.

The S side of the solenoid is for STARTER. This is where the wire from your ignition switch connects that triggers the solenoid to crank the engine.

If you are unsure about which wire connects to which terminal, you will need to use a meter to check for voltage or trace the wire back.

Any wire that is connected to the side post that is connected directly to the battery is a constant 12v feed. There should only be one wire connected the side post that goes to the starter and that is the large starter wire. Again, if you are unsure about what wires go to the side post you will need to trace them down or check continuity.

A GM one wire alternator only needs the main charging wire hooked up. Any other wire left from the old alternator is not used. Of course because you have switched to a one wire you will loose the idiot light in the dash... :) A one wire alternator works by knowing when to start the charging process by RPMs. For a one wire to work you have to rev the engine a bit when you start the engine for the alternator to begin charging. After that it will function as normal. (it has a self exciting circuit that senses the magnetics of the alternator to know when to turn on)

Here's couple more that might help.alternator_wire.jpg

delco_wiring_both.jpg

oilguagecircuit.jpg

ha! makes me wonder if Elvis is kicking Mikey's arse for what he did to his daughter :D

Can I get some pics of the engine bay of a AMC 304 especially the passenger side where the starter solonoid is and if you have a gm one wire, pics would be sweet too! Thanks trying to get this thing wiried up!
So Dig, What's 411? Did you ever get her fixed?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks