pitman arm ?

pitman arm ?

ga78cj5

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ5 with 258 I6 and t150 3 speed manual trans d20 case d30 front amc20 rear
I am putting a d60ff rear and Dana 44 front axles that came out of a 1974 j20 truck under my CJ5 soon. I have a Dana 30 front axle now and I was looking at the size difference of the rod ends that connect to my pitman arm. Will I have to drill and taper my existing pitman arm for the larger Dana 44 rod end or is there a pitman arm out there for a 78 CJ5 with power steering that I can buy? I don't think there is enough material on my pitman arm to drill and feel safe driving it.

Lots of ways to do it.

Check these guys out. Make either end of the drag link whatever you like with DOM tubing.

QS Components items - Get great deals on hiem joint, hiem joints items on eBay Stores!

140.jpg

I am putting a d60ff rear and Dana 44 front axles that came out of a 1974 j20 truck under my CJ5 soon. I have a Dana 30 front axle now and I was looking at the size difference of the rod ends that connect to my pitman arm. Will I have to drill and taper my existing pitman arm for the larger Dana 44 rod end or is there a pitman arm out there for a 78 CJ5 with power steering that I can buy? I don't think there is enough material on my pitman arm to drill and feel safe driving it.
are you going to narrow them ? or leave them stock width, I am thinking/planning of doing them same thing (see my post) but I don't have a 60 just two 44's:chug::chug::chug:

thanks

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom