Powertrax, Tracklock and a Weekend?

Powertrax, Tracklock and a Weekend?

CJ

Admin
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
'72 CJ5, 401, T18, D20, D44, D30
'82 CJ8, 258, D300, AMC20, D30
Just finished (well half way) installing a PowerTrax in a friends D44 that has an original D44 LS TrackLock. The removal, rebuild and all went easy enough but you know how working on a Jeep is... Well, we found out a little tid bit that Ricmond mentions NO where on their site. The Powertrax for the TrackLock D44 work for MOST applications...

There were a few TrackLocks that used a c-clip to hold the cross pin in and the PowerTrax 'won't' work with those... Kinda! Guess which one we have sitting on my bench? :laugh:

So, it was either put it all back together and return the Powertrax or...

Hey! It's not like we plan on taking it apart soon, and even then, a few minutes with a die grinder is all it's going to take... Case closed! Both sides are welded... :)

Attachments

• D44 TrackLok PowerTrax.jpg
    D44 TrackLok PowerTrax.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 84

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks