Quadra-Trac fix???

Quadra-Trac fix???

Bozman

Jeeper
Thanks
Hey guys, I'm new to jeeps (Not new to working or cars) And I found a real decent CJ7 I could get for about $1800 very very minimal rust, pretty clean interior, runs strong and seems all around pretty nice....only problem is the Quadtra-trac Transfer Case isnt working. Seller says it needs a shift fork, would that be the vacuume shift fork? if so is it worth buying? How hard is this fix? or what about a new Transfer Case ? any ideas or thoughts would be welcome guys!

Thanks,
Bozman

Its a 1979 straight 6 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with the GM Turbo 400 tranny and quadra-trac Transfer Case , looked at it today, he says it needs the fork for the vacuum shifter. I also drove it, it tends to run hot (tempature) was steaming alittle out of the coolent resivour the seller says its because of the plow on the front, he says it runs cool without the plow. The jeep also blows a little oil out the dipstick hole and fill hole. (dont know why, any ideas on that?) Othere than that it runs strong, has a good frame, body, and interior. He is asking $2000 for it but I am sure I could get it from $1500-1800. What do you guys think? is it worth it?

Thanks,
Tye

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom