quadra trac slips in low range

Rusty Shank

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 cj7 golden eagle
304 with a automatic trans, Quadratrac w/Hi-Lo BW 1339 transfer case
3.5 lift. Rear locker 32in tires
Power steering. Front disk breaks drum in the rear.
3 core radiator
when I have my QuadraTrac in low range it will slip a bit when I accelerate from a compete stop and work fine after. anyone had this problem.

Are you sure it's not the clutch that's slipping? The Quadra-Trac has a differential that allows the front and rear to rotate at different speeds but that only comes into play as you turn a sharp corner.
If you are starting off and the jeep doesn't go at first it sounds more like a slipping clutch.

Are you sure it's not the clutch that's slipping? The Quadra-Trac has a differential that allows the front and rear to rotate at different speeds but that only comes into play as you turn a sharp corner.
If you are starting off and the jeep doesn't go at first it sounds more like a slipping clutch.

I couldn't say what it is I'm clueless with this its my first jeep and not much of a mechanic more a parts changer:). It will move but it slips real quick and then it is fine only from a complete stop it happens. the fluid was low so i added fluid that i got from my local jeep dealer and they said it was for the older quadra trac system. Went by the Jeep manual on how to do it. Never did it before hope it was not the fluid.

Do you know if a part time conversion was ever done to your jeep?
Do you have locking hubs up front?
picture.jpg

Last edited:
I don't have the part time kit yet

It sure sounds more like your auto Transmission is slipping- look in your repair manual for band adjustments- not sure if it applies to your tranny but it's worth a shot.

Bush

I had it out Sunday and didn't really notice it. Put about 80 highway mile and 30 miles in trails. Maybe that got it all lubed up.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom