Quadra Track SWAP???

Quadra Track SWAP???

Triple7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
77 CJ7 Quadra Track , 04 F-250, 86 Samurai
Hey guys, is there a direct replacement/swap for for this Transfer Case . Got a 77 CJ7 with a nicely built AMC 304 , GM Turbo 400 and a Quadra Track. Q T has a part time kit in it and have the locking hubs. Problem is its leaking like a sieve and needs to be rebuilt plus, it just looks funny with no stiks in the floor. Already catching enough slack for it being an auto. Any ideas, Thanks.

If I'm thinking right the Q track has the diff off center which means you would also have to change the rearend to a centered diff.
look at you rear and see if it's offcenter.

Thats correct. If you change to a different Transmission you'll have to swap out the rear also.
If I'm thinking right the Q track has the diff off center which means you would also have to change the rearend to a centered diff.
look at you rear and see if it's offcenter.

Thanks Guys, I guess rebuild the Q T it is.
A QT is a great Transfer Case ... You just have to treat it as it was intended...

Many people wheel with a QT and have no problems... Don't be discouraged... :)

And since you have "stick envy" :D you can get a low range unit from a J-truck and add it on while its out.
Thanks Guys, I guess rebuild the Q T it is.

Yes the Q-trac with low range unit is a good unit, and much cheaper than all the changes that would have to be done with a different combo. The are easy to rebuild, put in a new chain, low range unit and your good to go. One thing to remember they use a special fluid. It hard to find but both 4wd and QuadraTrac have it. TCL-1 10 bucks a quart.

Have no fear with that Q/T transfrer case. When the chain is fresh It will stand up as well as any T/C ever offered in a Jeep. Coupled with a fresh 400 with a shift kit, you'll have a hell of a set up. I've had a few of them, and have nothing bad to say.

If your going to be rebuilding it you may want to look into a part time kit for it as well.

Thanks guys. My Quadra Trac has the part time kit and the low range unit on it. Guess I should have said that, huh. Anyway, after a good rebuild, sounds like it should do just fine. Thanks again for all of the info.

Novak makes a kit to swap in an old Dana 18 t/c. I have no experience with this just have read about it. To the best of my knowledge the 18 is offset so you won't have to change rear axle. As far as what's better I don't know. But with the 18 you could have a twin stick.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom