Question about Setup

Question about Setup

phinleft

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 CJ7, Amc 304 V8 - AMC 20, DANA 30, Quadratra Trac TH400, 35" Mickey Thompsons MTZPainted LSU Yellow/Gold. Modified with 4bl Edelbrock Carb.
I just read the vin explanation - according to the explanation I have a 304ci 2bbl. I have a carter 1bbl. Could the vin be incorrect?

On the carter carb, there are two ports on the top. When looking on the carb from the front (grill), there are two hoses. One on the right is the gas line, and the one left is capped off. There is only one barrell on this carb. Did the PO change to smaller carb?

How many flange bolts are clamping it to the intake?

I just read the vin explanation - according to the explanation I have a 304ci 2bbl. I have a carter 1bbl. Could the vin be incorrect?

I'm :confused: in your profile you say you have an I6. The AMC 304 is a V8, which one do you have.

Unless I miss my guess, a PO did a swap to a 6. and the current owner is now confused.

I believe I'll have a drink

I am positive, that it is a inline 6. Not a v8. Either the vin code is incorrect, or one of the PO's did a swap on the engine?

Either the vin is incorrect or the PO's swapped the engine? It definately isn't a v8.

Either the vin is incorrect or the PO's swapped the engine? It definately isn't a v8.

You're vin# will be correct. It's just about a stone cold guarantee that someone along the line popped in a 6 and took off with the AMC 304 it had in it. Good thing is, the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l -6 is an outstanding engine.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom