quick gear oil ?

I might be wrong for doing so,:confused: but I run 75-90 gl5 gear lube in mine.
I have heard other people say 50w motor oil.
Shoot when I got my jeep and started changing the fluids, there was AT fluid in mine.:eek: I really don't think that was right.

I just looked in a chiltons, it says..."80-90 gear oil"

If you have 85-90 on the shelf i"d put it in, you live in the south.:D

thats true a little heat should thin it out right. thanks for the help old dog, i gotta get it ready for the mtn next weekend.
I don't think you can go too far wrong as long as you have some type of lube and it isn't corrosive. I will say that the NP 208 in the truck uses 30 wt non detergent, this is totaly irrelevant but I will say that the thicker the lube the harder it will be to shift, not a big deal with the TC but just saying.
this is what Novak has to say.
"An 80W-90, API-GL5 or MT-1 rated fluid is very good. "

I will say that the NP 208 in the truck uses 30 wt non detergent, this is totaly irrelevant "

Is the 208 a chain driven TC?
I know most of the ones with chains use motor oil.

oh there will be pics, unless for some unfortunate reason we don't get to go, but right now its on. it'll be the jeeps first off-road trip since i got a hold of it and started rebuilding everything. i'm just checkin everything over and making sure it'll make it home in one piece

oh there will be pics, unless for some unfortunate reason we don't get to go, but right now its on. it'll be the jeeps first off-road trip since i got a hold of it and started rebuilding everything. i'm just checkin everything over and making sure it'll make it home in one piece
Be cool on the shake down, remember, this is a mission of discovery. The best time to find out the winch has problems is not half way up a 75 foot cliff, its half way up a 10 foot cliff,:D

Be cool on the shake down, remember, this is a mission of discovery. The best time to find out the winch has problems is not half way up a 75 foot cliff, its half way up a 10 foot cliff,:D

X 1000 on one IO!;)

unfortunately no winch yet. i'm trying to talk my little bro into selling me his warn 8274 even if he won't he'll still be able able to give me a tug if i need it next weekend.

8274, the best electric winch going!:notworthy:

He is your kid brother!! surely you have some dirt you can blackmail him with.:cool:

i know thats why i want it, he told me $AMC 150 for it then changed his mind, but i should still be able to talk him out of it

i do now, the idiot went up on the mtn sat. night camped out and tried to come off in a thunderstorm, he got stuck, broke a u-joint at the steering knuckle, beat his truck all to hell and back, neither door will open, and its got a busted out window, not to mention the rusty old 8274 quit working. so with him needing money and help to fix his truck i might get myself a now non-working 8274 very cheap

The universe provides.:cool:

i do now, the idiot went up on the mtn sat. night camped out and tried to come off in a thunderstorm, he got stuck, broke a u-joint at the steering knuckle, beat his truck all to hell and back, neither door will open, and its got a busted out window, not to mention the rusty old 8274 quit working. so with him needing money and help to fix his truck i might get myself a now non-working 8274 very cheap

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom