Quick help on TH 350

kev12

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1984 CJ-7, 6Cyl, T-5 Tranny, Dana 300 TC
soon to be 350 with TH350
i have a 84 CJ7 and want to swap my 6 for a chevy 350(which i have overhauled already) and a th350. i have found one that seems to be a good deal. the add says its a th 350 short shaft and has a 2200 stall converter on it. it was rebuilt a year ago and has less than 1,000 miles on it. i dont know much about stall converters. would this be ok for my jeep? i will mostly be running this jeep around town bringing kids to ball games and what not.

additionally, are all Th 350's the same? i have a Dana 300 that i will be putting on it. the person said it came of of a block of a 1980 engine when he got it. are there automatic ones and 4wd ones? will either work for me? sorry for being such long winded!

i have a 84 CJ7 and want to swap my 6 for a chevy 350(which i have overhauled already) and a th350. i have found one that seems to be a good deal. the add says its a th 350 short shaft and has a 2200 stall converter on it. it was rebuilt a year ago and has less than 1,000 miles on it. i dont know much about stall converters. would this be ok for my jeep? i will mostly be running this jeep around town bringing kids to ball games and what not.

additionally, are all Th 350's the same? i have a Dana 300 that i will be putting on it. the person said it came of of a block of a 1980 engine when he got it. are there automatic ones and 4wd ones? will either work for me? sorry for being such long winded!

first off NO you don't want a 2200 stall, thats way to high for street or offroad use. It's made for 1/4 mile drag raceing.
What you really want to find is a short 4wd. th350. If you get one from a car you will also need a new rear output shaft.

I have to agree 100 % with Old Dog, You want a 4x4 tranny, and not a stall speed.
Can I ask why he is selling after so few miles? Maybe he found it was unstreetable and wants some sap to fall for it.
Buy a tranny from a tranny shop.
Auto trannys do not bode well sitting around unused.
I know with a reg 350 the adapter cost bout 50 more dollars then the 4x4 version, and if the 4x4 version adapter is 484 bucks, then 50 smackers more is really getting expensive

Last edited:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom