Radiator issues

Radiator issues

webman12

Jeeper
Thanks
Hissings sounds coming from the radiator. Sometimes, steam and radiator fluid blasts out of the overfill hose (I think that's what it's called. its the hose coming from the radiator cap). Is this normal? What could be the cause? The theromstat has been replaced and the water pump was replaced about 18 months ago. Any thoughts on this?

Well for some reason you have more pressure in the rad than the cap can hold. Your rad cap could be bad, You could be overheating ( Iwould have thought you would have said so) and building up to much press. in the system, or you may have put to much fluid in the rad. when it was cold and now when it gets warm and expands it has to go somewhere so it goes out the overflow like it should.
Does it overflow the overflow bottle?
Is it overheating?

Well for some reason you have more pressure in the rad than the cap can hold. Your rad cap could be bad, You could be overheating ( Iwould have thought you would have said so) and building up to much press. in the system, or you may have put to much fluid in the rad. when it was cold and now when it gets warm and expands it has to go somewhere so it goes out the overflow like it should.
Does it overflow the overflow bottle?
Is it overheating?
Ditto. Whats the condition of the radiator, when you look inside is there any build up ?

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$10.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks