reverse lights

reverse lights

biohazard cj

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 cj 5
well, i do not have any reverse lights, and i need them. i was wondering where the reverse light sending unit or switch was located on a CJ5 amc 360 with what i was told a T-18 out of a 73 j truck. but idk if thats really the tranny. its a four speed granny first and it looks like a it has a pto cover on the side of the tranny. im not sure either way, i do not see a switch or sending unit for the back up lights.:eek: :confused:.

I think the switch is on the transmision cover. I believe it grounds out one side of the BU light when the lever is in reverse. It may be easiest to remove the floor board center to reach the switch, I wouldn;t want to try to do it from under.

well, i do not have any reverse lights, and i need them. i was wondering where the reverse light sending unit or switch was located on a CJ5 amc 360 with what i was told a T-18 out of a 73 j truck. but idk if thats really the tranny. its a four speed granny first and it looks like a it has a pto cover on the side of the tranny. im not sure either way, i do not see a switch or sending unit for the back up lights.:eek: :confused:.

On the left side at the end of the shifter housing. It should have two prongs.

I was mistaken, that is a hot switch, by the diagram it will find power from the same vicinity as the cigar lighter.:cool:
I would think any accessory line would do.

And by your definition of the Transmission . it sure sounds like a T-18 .

Pull the floor cover plate and it should be an easy reach.

It's in the center in this picture, yours may look different this is just an example.:

100_1451.jpg

How's this... My T-18 .

attachment.php

Attachments

• t18_lv.jpg
    t18_lv.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 2,101
The above post was to mainly to show the access panel and an example of what to look for, not my jeep no idea what Transmission that is, LOL.
OK - Whew! Between all of us, we have it covered... :)

I took it out and patched it to a toggle switch on the dash.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom