Running without factory A/C

Jelwell1982

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 CJ-7 stripped, stolen recovery...
partial 4.2L 258ci
1990 Ford Bronco 5.8L
Hey 1985 CJ7 with the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l was stolen a year ago and recovered a few days ago pretty stripped. I am trying to get the engine running to see if it needs rebuilt or replaced with a v8: -)
One of the things stripped was the ac compressor the lines and all the under dash vents and switches. It is not going ti be a daily driver and ive never used the ac when it was.
How can I run the belts to bypass the compressor? It used the be a large belt connecting the ac to the fan pulley, then a small one connecting to the altenator. Do I need to mount the altenator in a different spot to be run off another belt.
just curious while I an bored at work. Note it has been awhile since I spent time looking at the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l belts system.

Thanks

does it have power stearing? if not I can upload a pic of the the belt on mine...VT jeeps dont get A/C. Usealy you can just run a shorter belt and bypass the compressor all together.

The compressor was one of the things stolen....
I took a close look today, it does have PS.
It also looks like I can leave the altenator on the stock bracket use the belt that ran to the fan pulley. I may have to shim it forward 1/4in. Or so, maybe a size shorter belt but Def doable.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom