Sr4 & t-5

Try all of the above. but don't keep that junk.

you might as well sell them. If no one buys them by the time you really need the small amount of space, they do have aluminum bodies that could fetch a couple bucks.

own a boat?

While both are regaurded in the off road world as weak transmissions there are ocassions where people are looking for them. Some guys swear they need the 5th gear of the T-5 for fuel mileage. :rolleyes: Some guys dont want to source new driveshafts and want something that will simply bolt right in. And there are others mainly in the CJ8 circle that want them to keep their Scrambler in "original" condition. The T-5 will probably go fairly quick. You may have to wait for "Mr. Right" for the SR4 . I dont throw anything away that could potentially fund an upgrade later down the road. :cool:

While both are regaurded in the off road world as weak transmissions there are ocassions where people are looking for them. Some guys swear they need the 5th gear of the T-5 for fuel mileage. :rolleyes: Some guys dont want to source new driveshafts and want something that will simply bolt right in. And there are others mainly in the CJ8 circle that want them to keep their Scrambler in "original" condition. The T-5 will probably go fairly quick. You may have to wait for "Mr. Right" for the SR4 . I dont throw anything away that could potentially fund an upgrade later down the road. :cool:
i agree with petescj don't throw it away if you can get money for it. trick is, not to become a hoarder :D. i wouldn't think you'd have a problem gettin atleast $100 for em

I tried giving away a T-86 tranny once, that was really hard. I finally ended up getting scrap value. And you know, the T-86 is a truck tranny not a car tranny like the T-5 .

Your not gonna get any argument from me that their weak transmissions. I wouldnt have either on in either of my Cjs for sure. Some people like to bench press a few T-5s before they finally upgrade. :D Im not sure why people get all worried about changing driveshafts and all but they do. I thought Id have a heck of a time grabbing the correct length shafts for the auto Im putting in the Scrambler. They ended up being the first pieces I got at $100 for both. That was months ago. Only last week I finally found a good used TF999 ,Dana 300 ,auto tilt colum,90%of the power steering for $300. I'll sell the Dana 300 and recoup 2/3 of what I paid. :cool:
the T-86 is a truck tranny not a car tranny like the T-5 .

i would love to take them off your hands but your like 5hours away.... im in valdosta

Not a T-86 , those things are so bad, oh wait, I remember seeing an add where someone was looking for one, you are correct. there is A PERSON who will take one. WOW I am amazed. I mean have you ever had a Jeep with a T-86 ? It is a 3 speed that cannot do a speed bump without blowing first gear.

I do have a boat! I could use an anchor! but I had a PM from someone that is interested in the T-5 . Maybe he will take it as for the SR4 , I think that its going for scrap. To much $$$ to rebuild for what it is worth.

some one wants it, jeep parts acquisition disorder in action

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom