stuck in 4Low

stuck in 4Low

polish85

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1977 CJ5 I-6
:mad: Got a problem. I put it in 4 low and drove the jeep around. When i tried to put it back in to 2 wheele drive it wouldnt move. Can anyone tell me how to maybe get it unstuck?

Try backing up:)

yeah start to back up slowly while you pull the lever back it should pop out. might make a nasty clunk but seems its the nature of d300s

Last edited:
If that doesn't work, pop the clutch a little bit while in reverse. The Transfer Case gets bound up and there is a lot of load on the drivetrain which makes it difficult to shift out of 4x sometimes.

Still waiting. I think I'll have a :beer: with my pizza while we wait...

Oh and to avoid this in the future, don't drive around with the hubs locked and the truck in 4wd on a hard surface. It can and will destroy your drivetrain!

Pizza....you guys suck :drool:

One thing I discovered before I twinsticked my 300, was that gunk and buildup on the stock shift linkage will cause very tough shifting also. The design of the stock settup leaves me scratching my head sometimes.

Keep all that clean and maybe lube the linkage components a bit and it might shift better also.

Pizza....you guys suck :drool:

got another problem...ill start another thread with it as well...i replaced all my brake shoes, springs, and levers and drums...when i go to bleed them i have zero pressure after i bleed them all? Also when i start driving there is a metal to metal grinding on the right front tire?!?!?! i took it apart and everything looks fine...any idea what else it could be...the lever is all the way down so thats out of the question.....help i need to drive to work tomorrow morning!!!! :chug: now back to beer and pizza...Im having JETS Pizza if anyone knows about that!

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom