t-18

Dunno about that one, can't give an opinion. Other than this...I used to buy whole trucks for $100-$200 and I have had a couple T-18s come in that way. I guess I am still trying to be spoiled, even tho I moved 2100 miles from there, and can't find anything close to that here in OK.

Price seems a little high but I am not sure about that. I just purchased a T-18 out of a 2WD Ford pickup for $80. It is in beautiful shape.

I consider the T-18 one of the best bargains if you want a 4 speed with a "granny low" 1st gear.

According to Novak, that T-18 will bolt up to the engine of a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with only a special pilot bushing. The expensive part is the transfer case end. Over $500 for the adapter.

However, that tranny will let you run "street gears" in the front and rear but still have a nice low for offroad.

Just go to Novak's website, they have plenty of info.

Price seems a little high but I am not sure about that. I just purchased a T-18 out of a 2WD Ford pickup for $80. It is in beautiful shape.

I consider the T-18 one of the best bargains if you want a 4 speed with a "granny low" 1st gear.

According to Novak, that T-18 will bolt up to the engine of a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with only a special pilot bushing. The expensive part is the transfer case end. Over $500 for the adapter.

However, that tranny will let you run "street gears" in the front and rear but still have a nice low for offroad.

Just go to Novak's website, they have plenty of info.
I agree this is the way to go. I have two Jeeps with T-18 's & one with a T-19 all with granny gears. I have done this swap many times. You have a little more to do than bolt up. You may or may not have to drill new holes in your bellhousing, the clutch fork may have to be modified, I would take this time to change to a [FONT=&quot]Hydraulic[/FONT] clutch. You'll have to move your transmission mount on the skid plate. you'll also need a longer front & shorter rear driveshaft.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks