t-18

Dunno about that one, can't give an opinion. Other than this...I used to buy whole trucks for $100-$200 and I have had a couple T-18s come in that way. I guess I am still trying to be spoiled, even tho I moved 2100 miles from there, and can't find anything close to that here in OK.

Price seems a little high but I am not sure about that. I just purchased a T-18 out of a 2WD Ford pickup for $80. It is in beautiful shape.

I consider the T-18 one of the best bargains if you want a 4 speed with a "granny low" 1st gear.

According to Novak, that T-18 will bolt up to the engine of a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with only a special pilot bushing. The expensive part is the transfer case end. Over $500 for the adapter.

However, that tranny will let you run "street gears" in the front and rear but still have a nice low for offroad.

Just go to Novak's website, they have plenty of info.

Price seems a little high but I am not sure about that. I just purchased a T-18 out of a 2WD Ford pickup for $80. It is in beautiful shape.

I consider the T-18 one of the best bargains if you want a 4 speed with a "granny low" 1st gear.

According to Novak, that T-18 will bolt up to the engine of a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l with only a special pilot bushing. The expensive part is the transfer case end. Over $500 for the adapter.

However, that tranny will let you run "street gears" in the front and rear but still have a nice low for offroad.

Just go to Novak's website, they have plenty of info.
I agree this is the way to go. I have two Jeeps with T-18 's & one with a T-19 all with granny gears. I have done this swap many times. You have a little more to do than bolt up. You may or may not have to drill new holes in your bellhousing, the clutch fork may have to be modified, I would take this time to change to a [FONT=&quot]Hydraulic[/FONT] clutch. You'll have to move your transmission mount on the skid plate. you'll also need a longer front & shorter rear driveshaft.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom