Team Rush Upgrade

Team Rush Upgrade

nitor

Active Jeeper
Lifetime Supporter
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 CJ7
I did a Team Rush Upgrade today. I really didn't see any difference. I thought maybe I'd see some difference in performance, but nothing. I obviously did it correctly or my Jeep wouldn't run. I don't know if I was suppose to see a difference. I suppose my expectations were to high. I haven't driven it but a couple of blocks since the upgrade. I'll get it on the highway later.

your a first, everybody I have known , myself included has been quite impressed with the results. did you use the TFI coil??

I did a Team Rush Upgrade today. I really didn't see any difference. I thought maybe I'd see some difference in performance, but nothing. I obviously did it correctly or my Jeep wouldn't run. I don't know if I was suppose to see a difference. I suppose my expectations were to high. I haven't driven it but a couple of blocks since the upgrade. I'll get it on the highway later.

i did it and it smoothed out my rough idle. didnt notice anything else though.

IO - I did the entire upgrade, including the coil.

Dalefan - I thought that's what would happen to me as well. I didn't see any difference.

I'm not displeased with the result. I would imagine I will get a little better gas milage. But I just didn't see any big difference.

when I did the upgrade on my J-10 I got a more impressive result than the 4.0 head with the headers. actually I was a bit disappointed in the head upgrade although I think it is going to happen to the CJ before it goes fuel injected. :cool:

I'm going to do a TBI upgrade next. I can get the initial parts, the throttle body, the wiring harness and the ECM for about $50. I think most of my problem now is the carb. I thought doing the Rush upgrade would make it run smoother, maybe even give it a little more power.

i think the team rush worked alot better after i put the motorcraft carb on. then i was getting good spark and a better fuel mixture.

How about the Nutter bypass ?

How to - Nutter Bypass - JeepForum.com

I'm going to do a TBI upgrade next. I can get the initial parts, the throttle body, the wiring harness and the ECM for about $50. I think most of my problem now is the carb. I thought doing the Rush upgrade would make it run smoother, maybe even give it a little more power.

Hi Guys, where can I find easy to follow instructions and parts list for the Team Rush upgrade. I have Goggle it and haven't seen any good instructions. If anybody got instructions and a parts list that even a Caveman can do it, could you send it my way. myjeepcj@gmail.com

Thanks, Brian :D

i think the team rush worked alot better after i put the motorcraft carb on. then i was getting good spark and a better fuel mixture.

The MC2100 was the first upgrade I did on the engine.

IMG00119-20100612-0746.jpg

That Carter that was on the it wouldn't even idle.

I was driving this morning, and I suppose it has improved pickup a little bit. But like I said, I was expecting more.

I've never considered the nutter.

I am also disappointed, the dizzy mod and coil change has been the most significant single upgrade I have made to a AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . For the price of what is basically an ignition tune up, it totaly blew me away.
There is a hill at the edge of the neighborhood that I use to evaluate engine changes. just start at the bottom and accelerate as fast as possible to the first side street. The trip took measurably less time with the team rush upgrade.

Once you take the stepper and emissions stuff out of the equation the Nutter should be done. The computer is looking for info from sensors that arent there or are no longer working. It basically throws it into a "limp home" mode. Its not terrible or anything but it causes it to miss and not perform to its full capability. Im doing mine today and I'll get back to ya on it.

I've never considered the nutter.

Once you take the stepper and emissions stuff out of the equation the Nutter should be done. The computer is looking for info from sensors that arent there or are no longer working. It basically throws it into a "limp home" mode. Its not terrible or anything but it causes it to miss and not perform to its full capability. Im doing mine today and I'll get back to ya on it.

Like I said, I'm going to do the GM TBI upgrade. I think that will increase performance and give me better milage. In addition to giving me better starting in the winter.

I just put a can of "Seafoam" into a full tank of gas and my idle is very good now. I believe it's the best in-tank carb cleaner around.

Oh got it. Thought youd wanna try this till you do the switch. Just got done with mine up to the point where my timing light wont work. :mad: Guess I'll tune by ear till the nieghbor comes home and see if hes got a light I can throw on it.

seafoam is awsome. we sell a ton of it at work. they also make one for trannys called Transmission tune.

When I did mine the idle smoothed out, and I picked up a little better MPG.
I also did the 4 pin GM module later and it was a great addition.

For seafoam I put it in a small pump sprayer and just shoot it in the carb to clean
the engine side once it quits smoking, I then run a little in the tank.

But I have found a little marine grade syth. 2 cycle oil in the tank works great for cleaning things up and picking up a little extra MPG.

For more teamrush and similar stuffs check here:
http://www.jeepz.com/forum/engine/16904-tfi-ignition-upgrade.html
http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f49/useful-info-thought-id-share-665/

I did the team rush and my MPG went up by 3, smoother idle, and maybe a little stronger at higher RPM.

I have a 1975, the older your jeep, the more it will benifit as later Jeeps had better setups from the factory.

One benefit is that it is supposed to be MUCH more reliable, that's something you can't gauge.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom