Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ5 Renegade Levis (unrestored)
6v Sunshine Yellow Paint
72,000 original miles
304 v8
Well after our breakdown 100 miles from home, now a week later, the motor is out and we are starting a rubuild! Excited to get her runnin again soon. I miss my baby after a week!! We are having the heads reconditioned and replacing the head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, oil pan gaskets, timing chain gasket, a couple of pistons, and rod bearings! AND ON TOP OF THAT, BRAND NEW CHRYSLER BLUE CORP. FACTORY ENGINE PAINT!!!!! :D post some pics when were done!!

sounds fun, any plan to rebuild the tanny tcase and diffs to put up with the upgraded power of the engine?

Chrysler engine paint?? Thats the wrong factory. you need AMC blue paint!!!

15 year old and 100 mi. from home driving a Jeep?

What failed??? 72000 is not enough miles to warrent a rebuild. should have made 200k, at least:cool:

chrysler engine paint?? Thats the wrong factory. You need amc blue paint!!!
a AMC 304 v8 is a chrysler engine!!! If you look on collins brothers jeep at the 76 CJ7 it has pictures of the engine and its called chrysler corp. Blue... We called them!!!! So it is factory!!!:d

What failed??? 72000 is not enough miles to warrent a rebuild. should have made 200k, at least:cool:
bad piston.... rings broke and caused it to chip off.... bad day that day!

a AMC 304 v8 is a chrysler engine!!! If you look on collins brothers jeep at the 76 CJ7 it has pictures of the engine and its called chrysler corp. Blue... We called them!!!! So it is factory!!!:d

Sorry but a AMC 304 is an AMC engine. Chrylser never made a AMC 304 .

Well after our breakdown 100 miles from home, now a week later, the motor is out and we are starting a rubuild! Excited to get her runnin again soon. I miss my baby after a week!! We are having the heads reconditioned and replacing the head gaskets, exhaust gaskets, oil pan gaskets, timing chain gasket, a couple of pistons, and rod bearings! AND ON TOP OF THAT, BRAND NEW CHRYSLER BLUE CORP. FACTORY ENGINE PAINT!!!!! :D post some pics when were done!!

Eastwood High Temperature Ceramic Engine Paint - AMC Blue

EW Ceramic Engine Paint Qt Chrysler Blue

Eastwood is more than likely the best source of "correct" restoration supplies there is, they seem to think there is a difference between the two colors. At least enough to give them two different part numbers and brag about matching the AMC blue (watch the video). I think the point was that the AMC 304 is not a Chrysler designed, built, sold or even supported engine.
I must complement you on not wasting any time stripping things down, I see pictures of a bare frame in your gallery, have you pulled the tub already??:cool:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom