TIRE SIZE Help

TIRE SIZE Help

rfonte7

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
78 cj7, SOA with 1.5 lift springs, (stock to my knowledge) SBC350, th350, 203 trans case, stock front and rear axles 3:73's, superior 1 pc in rear, 33 x13.50 swampers
Not sure if this is the right thread, so I apologize in advance. I have a 78 CJ7 , SOA with 1.5 lift springs. (I know, its higher than I like but I can't change it at the moment.) The PO put 33's on it. I think I need 35 or 36's to make it look right. What are your thoughts? OH, I have 3:73 gears, one piece axles, welded rear, 350 with a th350. I have a few pics in the gallery. Check em out!

I'd highly recommend changing to 4.11 gears before going to bigger tires, especially with the TH350's tall 2.52:1 first gear.

With app. 7" of lift yea it would look great with bigger tires.
But with your stock NT axles anything bigger than what you have now will be hitting your front spring when you turn.

Is this as it sits now?

img_3224.jpg

Yep, that's a pic from the other day

honestly, I would get rid of the lift springs and see where it sits. That might be enough. PIctures don't alwys tell the whole tory, but it doesn't look all that bad.

Well i am running the 4.5 Rubicon Express lift Kit ( Love it all the way) with no body lift.

I am running 35" Tires and will be stepping up to 37" most likely next season.

As for gearing, i am running 3.73 gears with the stock 360 but the LoMax gears help in the ruff!!!

Here what it looks like standing still:

SNB12985.png

Clearance is good enough for now, i'll raise the front fenders and do 3/16" quarter panels with tube flares in the rear to clear 37" tires next season...

Oh and with 3.73 gears, 35" tires and the T-5 tranny i cruise down the highway at 65mph at around 1750 rpm in fifth gear.

You could easily put 38s on, but do your self a favor if you drive it much on the street. Go back SUA. Even JP mag took theirs back after a couple years, still wonder how many followed their lead?

Gears gotta go. 38s take 4.56 or 4.88s min. I'm not a fan of the AMC20 in the rear. Seen too many spin axles. Can't see if you have one piece axles or not. The Dana 30 axle shafts in front don't really like 38s.

All depends what kinda wheeling you do.

Keep us posted.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom