Tranny leak????

Tranny leak????

ftwflh

Senior Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ 5, 232 6cyl 3spd lots of rust,good frame,Dana 44s w/373 gears,ProComp 4in lift kit
IT is a Dana 20 and 3spd T-150 Sorry for the double post but I need help bad
I am confused by the manual saying "The Transfer Case and Transmission are not interconnected in Jeeps with 4speed as they are in some vehicles with 3sp transmissions"
I say this because I checked my fluids last week and got both the Transmission filled where it barely run out the hole and drained the Transfer Case down to where it quit running out the check hole.Now the fluid in tranny cant be felt with a bent finger and the Transfer Case is running out..
I have a leak some where but cant isolate it.Checked valve cover.....no leak
Have inspection cover down and rear seal looks dry as does the oil pan.
There is oil all over the tanny.I have some pics HELP ME PLEASE
I have loaded some pics but here is a link to my Photobuck

Jeep oil leak pictures by ftwflh - Photobucket

Read more: http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/3spd-tranny-300-transcase-fluid-7039/#ixzz17AyLobsV

Do you own a pressure washer? Thats where I would start. Then add UV dye to your components.

Do you own a pressure washer? Thats where I would start. Then add UV dye to your components.

Little cold her in IL right now to drag out the washer.I hate to drive it until I find out how and why the Transfer Case is gaining fluid and tranny is loosing it.Filled the trany and drained to T case last week and drove about 10 miles and the Transmission is low and T case over full again.

I know there is old build up that needs to be cleaned off but I have found fresh oil around the clutch lever boot and between the tranny and the Tcase.
No oil around the oil pan or running down from valve cover.
As of right now I have 20w50 oil but am changing it to 10w40 after I fix this tranny oil thing.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom