Trans bolts

Trans bolts

Eng724ine

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1986 Jeep CJ7 Laredo w/ 258 I6, T176 Trans, Dana 300, Dana 30 Front and AMC 20 Rear.
2005 Ford F350 Harley Davidson Edition 6.0 Diesel
Good evening all,
I am a brand new owner of a 1986 CJ7 . After looking over the Jeep, I noticed that the the Transmission is not bolted to the bell housing. Does anyone know what size bolts and where I can get them. I live between Frederick and Baltimore Maryland.
Thanks in advance.

grade 5 bolts will work quite well and will be available at just about anyplace claiming to sell hardware. I want to say they are a 1/2 inch by 2" but I will not stake my life on it .:cool:

Good evening all,
I am a brand new owner of a 1986 CJ7 . After looking over the Jeep, I noticed that the the Transmission is not bolted to the bell housing. Does anyone know what size bolts and where I can get them. I live between Frederick and Baltimore Maryland.
Thanks in advance.

Thanks Ioport51. I tried the 1/2" bolts and they were a bit to big. I ended up using grade 8, 7/16" x 2" bolts.

yep, that silly little 1/16 will get you every time.:D
Thanks Ioport51. I tried the 1/2" bolts and they were a bit to big. I ended up using grade 8, 7/16" x 2" bolts.

I am a brand new owner of a 1986 CJ7

Yes the Last CJ. Yours is A bit older then mine Mine was one of the last to roll off the line with a factory Dana 44 rear.I had the T-176 /Dana 300 .
but wanted a granny low. I'm now running a great combo a T-18 Scout Dana 300 .

I was hoping that my '86 came with a Dana 44 , but not the case. I going to put 1piece axles in my AMC20 and lower rears in both pumpkins. I like the T-176 , I'm doing a lot of driving with the Jeep and I thinks the granny 1st gear would drive me crazy.

Over all , I love my Jeep. It is the only thing my kids want to ride in now.

you would just use 2,3and 4th gear. the first is just for special occasions on the T-18 . 2.3 and 4 are just like driving a T-150 three speed.:cool:

I was hoping that my '86 came with a Dana 44 , but not the case. I going to put 1piece axles in my AMC20 and lower rears in both pumpkins. I like the T-176 , I'm doing a lot of driving with the Jeep and I thinks the granny 1st gear would drive me crazy.

Over all , I love my Jeep. It is the only thing my kids want to ride in now.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom