Transfer case shift lever

Transfer case shift lever

Sasquach

Crazy Sr. Respected Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ5, 258 w/4.0head, Mopar MPI, P.S., P.B.,Tilt wheel, No stereo, t-18, t-20, amc 20, dana-30 w/tru-trac, Warn full float w/locking hubs & Detroit locker in the AMC.
1964 CJ3B, 4-134
1952 M100 trailer
Does this look correct to you?
My year specific(78) manual shows a straight blade type T case lever, the one I have being bent to the rifgt interferes with the fold forward seat.
The seat does not go fully forward and it want's to select 4H for me.

Attachments

• P1000754.jpg
    P1000754.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 2,420
It dawned on me that this was probably changed from stock to clear a dealer installed air conditioner unit that I removed. It had a dog leg Transmission . shifter in it too but that I knew was replaced from original.
I guess my new quest is to locate an original lever.

I have a CJ7 , but it's the same year and drivetrain setup, T-18 / Dana 20 . That's what my T-18 shifter looks like and I do not have factory AC. My Transfer Case shifter though, that doesn't look the same at all. It does almost look like it's in there backwards, I'll snap a couple pics tonight when I get home from work.

After looking more closely at my linkage and refering to the shop manual I pretty sure mine in in correct, to flip it so the bend is towards the driver would make the linkage a bit out of whack.

The Transfer Case lever for the Dana 20 in my 78 CJ5 is straight , not bent whatsoever. It doesn't interfere with anything.

get a tourch and bend it the way you want .. i had simmilar issues with my stick for the tranny.

Did Just that yesterday. not an easy item to get in and out, you have to drop the Transmission ./skidplate down to the point the back of the engine is almost against the firewall then pry the Transmission . sideways to get the shifter bolt out clear of the body.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom