Transfercase Model 18

Transfercase Model 18

dozamenCJ69

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
69' CJ5, 95' XJ, 98 626 Mazda
I have a CJ5 it is a 1969, currently I am rebuilding the transfer case I have the model 18 and my transmission is the T-14 with the v6 engine. My question is this are there caged needle bearings that go on the intermediate gear shaft it is 1''1/4 I have the loose ones that came off when taking it apart, I did find the caged bearings for 1''1/8.

Hello and dozamenCJ69 and welcome to the site! :chug:

According to the exploded diagram at Morris 4x4 - the intermediate shaft does have a caged bearing (but only on the 3/4 and the 1 1/8" diameter) the 1 1/4" are just needle bearings - check out item #20 in this link -->> Dana Model 18 Transfer Case Parts for CJ Willys

To reassemble the bearings just use a bunch of petroleum jelly. Look at this thread and the posts in the link I posted and later for a view on how to keep the bearings in the intermediate gear for assembly. -->> http://www.jeep-cj.com/forums/f2/t-1...525/#post12069

CJ,
Thanks for the thread that really helped me out alot, I did find the morris 4x4 website and looked at many other website's and made many calls looking for the caged bearings to make it easy, but going to have to use the original 48 needle bearings.

Yep - they don't make a cage bearing for the 1 1/4" dia shaft... Glad we could help!

If you need anything else or just want to shoot the :dung: - that's why were here! :)

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks