trying to get E-drive working

trying to get E-drive working

trw

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ-7, 1995 YJ
so Im not sure my E-drive is working at all on my CJ.

if I turn the dial in the glovebox, nothing happens it seems, the light doesnt even come on, the funny thing is, when I replaced the carburetor, after the install, the E-drive light was on and I tried working the engagement dial to get it off, but it stayed on for a few days, then it turned back off and hasn't been on since, I'm not even sure how the E-drive works as far as the method it uses to lock the T-case into part time, so can anyone guide me as to where to start :confused:

The Quadra track uses vacuum to engage and disengage. If you some how got the vacuum lines mixed up then that most likely is your problem.

Here is a great photobucket page with everything you need to know about the quadra track -->> Quadr track pictures by fuzzgremlin - Photobucket

And - here is a vacuum diagram.

vac.jpg

I had this same problem with my e-drive. It turned out to be 2 things wrong. The vacuum lines were old and in really bad shape and the PO ran the engine vacuum source to a ported source instead of a full manifold vacuum. It took me a while to figure out why e-drive wouldnt come on at idle.

Definately check your vacuum lines first and go from there.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

I get it, I'm a Jeep owner and ad-block detectors kinda stink but ads are needed on this site. This is a CJ site, all the ads are set for autos (some times others get through.) I cannot make them just for Jeeps but I try.

Please allow ads as they help keep this site running by offsetting the costs of software and server fees.
Clicking on No Thanks will temporarily disable this message.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks