Twin Stick question?

Twin Stick question?

ianjcx

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
75 CJ5
Dont wanna highjack your thread but I have a Q for ya. Will a twin stick kit for a 300 fit a Dana 20 ??

I have a T-15 with a Dana 20 and would like to twin stick and put a terra low kit in it. I'm sure I could cobble somthing up if I had to.

Dont wanna highjack your thread but I have a Q for ya. Will a twin stick kit for a 300 fit a Dana 20 ??

I have a T-15 with a Dana 20 and would like to twin stick and put a terra low kit in it. I'm sure I could cobble somthing up if I had to.

nope.

I have been wondering for a while what are the advantages of having a twin stick set up? And how would you use it and what for?:confused:

I have been wondering for a while what are the advantages of having a twin stick set up? And how would you use it and what for?:confused:
The ability to split the front and rear drivers and use high or low independantly of one another.

AH so you can run the axles independently from each other so you could run the front axle only and have the rear in neutral. I can now see the advantages of this.

Thanks CW:notworthy:

Dana 20 Twin Stick Shift Pattern..

tx-20-shift.jpg

AH so you can run the axles independently from each other so you could run the front axle only and have the rear in neutral. I can now see the advantages of this.

Thanks CW:notworthy:

It also gives the ability to run 2-low in the rear while doing some easy type trails, and being able slap the front stick into action if you need a little quick help on a tough spot, then back to 2-L or 2-H as needed. Same with the front axle, If you were to damage the rear drive shaft, you can run it front 2-H. It's really a great little upgrade you can do for cheap.

I built the twin sticks for my 77 CJ5 Dana 20 and my 84 CJ Dana 300 and love them both. I now have cutting brakes on my 84 CJ7 and when everyone else is making 12 point turns to get around an obsticle I just power dig the front and turn in place. The cool factor is great.

The twin sticks are easy to build and are way over priced imo for what you get.

I've see a couple sites with some info on building them. Any suggestions on a site you know of.

I have a set of plans I drew up for the ones I built. Do you want a drawing? And was that for the 20 or the 300, I have both.

killer, for those running high speed sand or mud jeeps I could see theneed for cutting brakes. Please do offer a tech article for our archive of tech articles.

I'll put somethng together. I use my brakes for rock crawling, hate it when you get to the top and have no room to turn.

I would love to see a set of plans for a twin stick set up. What's a rough cost of this home made setup??

Here is a PDF of my AutoCad drawing, the whole set up cost me around $25 for the materials and quality beer drinking time in the garage.

As you can see it's simply a piece of tube,flat bar, and rod.

Dana20twinstick.jpg

When you rebuild the 20 pull the shift interlock pills out and that would add front wheel drive low in addition to front wheel drive high. If you do go that route be careful as pulling the interlock pills will allow the xfer case to be in Front low and rear high or vice versa at the same time binding up the xfer case. :chug:

When you rebuild the 20 pull the shift interlock pills out and that would add front wheel drive low in addition to front wheel drive high. If you do go that route be careful as pulling the interlock pills will allow the xfer case to be in Front low and rear high or vice versa at the same time binding up the xfer case. :chug:
And this will make very, very, very bad noises - and break many, many things... :)

If you go this rout be very sure you understand the consequences... :)

I've done it once at a low speed and the Jeep came to stop real fast. Took a bit to un-bind (had to turn the hubs out). Scared the :censored: :dung: out of me as I was miles from anywhere. I am now very deliberate when shifting and usually triple check to make sure I am in the range I want to be in with both axles.

But I love the ability to have front wheel drive low range and I wouldn't go back. :D

In the process of rebuilding my 86CJ7. I added the twin sticks to my
Scout Dana 300 . I had to bend the shifters with map gas.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom