v8 318 5.2 1999 in CJ

v8 318 5.2 1999 in CJ

rgemme

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
2003 TJ Rubincon, 36'' TSL, 6'' FullTraction
IceRacing V8 CJ 1986 Project on the go...
Hello!

I want to put an injected 318 5.2 from a Dakota 1999 autom (42RE I think) in my 1986 CJ. Used to be a 2.5 manual tranny with Dana 300 . Any up or down side. It looks like Dana 300 bolt right on the tranny. CJ will be used for Ice racing so I thought the 5.2 would be light and powerful enough. Diff are D35 and Dana 44 . Any Upside or Downside? Any site to refer me to? I bought motor mount from Advance Adapter.

Thanks!

RG

Its a good motor. The only problem you will have is the fuel injection wiring harness and computer. The magnum motors fuel injection is not supported for swaps very well. Once you have it swapped in you should dump the barrel intake and go with the single plane intake to get more horse power.:chug:

Umm...We need pics of this Ice Racing Project :) It sounds very cool

Humm... Single plane intake??? I kept the computer and all the harness from the dakota... I thought that, as I was keeping the trany and engine together, it with be mostly plug and play... You give me a doubt...

Anybody have info about locating engine mount. Should I be concern about the length of the whole powertrain?

Well for an ice racing rig id say move it forward/backward to were you need it to help balance the jeep out, under those circumstances that's something you would determine while you are setting it up. Maybe check with the other racers in your area and see if they'll help you. If it was for crawling or other normal offroad uses id say move it as far forward as possible so you would have plenty of driveshaft length in the rear, while leaving room for the fan and other accesories on the front of the motor

DROOOID 2

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom