Vacumn Lines

Vacumn Lines

rweide 86cj7

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
86' CJ 7, 258 I6, pretty much all stock as of right now
I have an 86' CJ7 with a 6cy AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . I am new to the motor world ( more body work than motor) and was looking over the motor and noticed alot of my vacuum lines were capped, and teed, or just unplugged going to no where. After looking at the vacuum diagrams online- is there anywhere that shows what is necessary and what can be removed?

Also looking to find the best 2.5'' lift and carb for the motor. I am assuming it has the stock carter 2bbl. but it starts hard cold then runs fine after about 5 minutes.

Any help with the vacuum lines is much appreciated- by the time i go through the whole engine ill pry want to upgrade jeeps!

since carburetors are interchangeable they often have more vacuum ports than you need. my jeep has only 2 lines coming off of the carburetor when there are 4 ports.

some of the essential things are the vacuum distributor advance, and the pcv valve.

First are you running as a daily driver or off road, will you need to pass emissions. If you do find your state and area regs as to what must be there. then you can pick and chose. but if at all possible skip the carb and go to fuel injection better all around performance and economy, but the conversion can be pricey.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom