Vacuum hose problems

Vacuum hose problems

RUSTYOLE CJ5

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 CJ5, 258, 3 SPEED, STOCK RUNNING GEAR, 3" LIFT, ON 33"S
This is all new to me, but maybe someone out there has the info i need to make my AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l w/ carter 2barrel run right. To start, all i have to work with is the carb., stock air cleaner, pcv valve, hose from distributor, metal line from top of intake, as you can see from my profile, previous owner had removed everything emissions related, what i would like to know is can i make this engine run right with what i have, (it was running before the fuel system rusted out) all of that has been replaced. What needs to be connected to the carb. And what needs to be plugged off. And where does the signal for the electric choke come from? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. My haynes manual does not help much because most of whats on the diagram is no longer there

First things first. Welcome to the site RUSTYOLE CJ5 :ww:

I have a couple of diagrams for you. The first one is the stock vacuum diagram. It includes all of the emissions stuff. The second one is one that I made for a Motorcraft 2100 carb swap but may also help you out. As for the +12VDC for the choke, you're going to have to find that one under the hood or run a new one. It should be a +12VDC wire that is only hot (or on) when the key is in run. The ground wire can be routed anywhere. These wires should be together, with some sort of connector(s) on the end. Or, you can simply replace the electric choke with a climatic choke, your choice.

79-6cyl_vacuum.jpg

vacuum_setup.jpg

I put a fuel regulator in line for my weber carb, but I'm still smelling the raw fuel issue going on. It also likes to puke when I put the throttle to the floor. I'm wondering if I might have my vacuum lines and/or timing wrong. Any thoughts?

thanks in advance.

Where did you mount your fuel regulator and where is your fuel filter? Any pictures?

Thanks

I can gather some pics for you, but it is in between the fuel filter and the carb. The fuel filter still has the return line connected.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom