Vacuum Line Diagram

Vacuum Line Diagram
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1981 CJ5, 2009 Ford Fusion
I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get a vacuum line diagram for a 1981 CJ5 GM 151 cu in? I noticed today that my EGR was hooked up wrong. I just want to make sure everything hooked up correct. Thank you!

Autozone has a repair guide section that is pretty helpful with diagrams etc.

Good luck!.... I looked forever to find a good vacuum diagram for the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l , of course it was modified so it didn't have the emissions :dung:, and couldn't find anything worth while. So I just played with it until it ran the best. My advice would be find a diagram online that looks decent and connect your lines as close to it as possible and go from there. More than likely you'll have to change a few around but its a good starting point. Good luck :)

This for sure is one of the most "grey" areas of the manuals. Their are dif. engines and 49 state and ca. variations that the manuals don't even try to cover precisely.
They way I got it was to try to understand how each element worked and try to then patch it all together and it was achallange for sure.
You may have it correct and it still won't run the way you are used to with a modern vehicle.
Early 80's cars are the worst running vehicles made, slapping band aid after band aid on them to keep up with emissions requirments that were evolving.

Thanks for the info. I went on autozone.com, but all they showed for my type engine is the EGR vacuum line. I'm in California also so I have to take that into consideration.

The Chilton's CJ/Scrambler #40202 has vacuum diagrams and a pretty fair explanation of the emissions system. The diagrams are for the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l but I don't think there will be a hell of a lot do difference from the 4 banger in the vacuum lines. Call a few parts houses and you should be able to find the book or, I think I found mine used on Amazon.
Amazon.com: Jeep CJ/Scrambler 1971-86 (Chilton's Total Car Care Repair Manual) (0035675085366): Chilton Editors: Books
The little yellow corner says "Includes wiring and vacuum diagrams"

I have a factory service service manual for a 81 if you want me to look it Up.Just went thru back surgery so movin slow but can have wife try and find it.
Mike

Theres supposed to be a diagram under the hood ?? or maybe not on jeeps :confused: i know there isnt one on my 87 xj and the vacuum tubes are missing from the 4 wheel drive setup on that and the haynes manual doesnt cover it :confused: good thing my CJ hasnt got that :D

Vaccume advance and the brake booster is the extent of my vaccuum knowledge oh and a vaccume cleaner lol and A/C pots at a stretch :D

found it.
do you have a manual or auto tranny in it.
they also show standard or heavy duty cooling
why who knows

Theres supposed to be a diagram under the hood ?? or maybe not on jeeps :confused: i know there isnt one on my 87 xj and the vacuum tubes are missing from the 4 wheel drive setup on that and the haynes manual doesnt cover it :confused: good thing my CJ hasnt got that :D

Vaccume advance and the brake booster is the extent of my vaccuum knowledge oh and a vaccume cleaner lol and A/C pots at a stretch :D
Yeah, there isn't a diagram under the hood. That was the first place I looked.

Here's the one for manual trany/standard cooling
hope i did it right,its a pdf file attachment
Mike:confused:
Thank you so much! Saved me a lot of time. I actually called a Jeep dealership to see if they had a diagram in an old maual and all the guy said was to go to a library to look it up. Thanks again.

Your welcome.
I've had dealers bend over backwards to locate old parts around the USA in other dealerships.Then you run into the ones who forgot what this country was based on.
Mike:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom