Valve cover where to buy

Valve cover where to buy

al2ride

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
76 CJ7, Fiberglass Tub, 78 4.2L, 78 Turbo 400, 82 Dana 300, 77 CJ7 Dana 30 Front Axle, 79 Bronco 9 inch Rear Axle, Weber 38 DGEV, HEI Distributor
What a headache. I thought my engine was 82 as the previous owner stated. So, I ordered one of those plastic leaker stopper valve covers and come to find out it didn't fit right. I looked on the head and it was stamped 78. So, I bouht a gasket for a 78 and it was the right one. Problem is that I had to use the old chrome valve cover that came with it and it still leaks on the drivers side in the middle. Ive done some research and this is very common with the pre 81 motors. It appears that the best solution is a Clifford cover but I can't seem to find where to buy one.

I found a Clifford cover on eBay. Problem is that it has two openings, one for an oil cap and one for a PCV valve. Where would I put the breather???

st11084.jpg

How bout some sort of combo unit?

st11084.jpg

How bout some sort of combo unit?
Great idea, didn't know they made those. I bought the Clifford cover and have a regular oil cap for it, I need to find a combo pvc breather that will fit the smaller opening in the rear.

after a slight rocker arm change out, i noticed my valve cover has bolt hole in the front and rear, but no bolt holes in the head. its an 81 cj with the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . answers anyone?

after a slight rocker arm change out, i noticed my valve cover has bolt hole in the front and rear, but no bolt holes in the head. its an 81 cj with the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . answers anyone?
I wonder if your cover was from a pre 81 head. My 78 has the two holes too.

if i look for an 81 valve cover, i get both. right now the holes are plugged with "Right Stuff" and seems to be working. wouldnt there still be sealing issues? not wanting to tap new holes

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom