Water flow path question

Water flow path question

Speedfreek

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
83 cj7 i6 3spd 2.73
So I'm trying to get my manual water temp gauge to read with no luck.

I'll start from the beginning....Started working on the jeep and noticed on the front and back of the intake there are places for what looks like heater hoses to connect. There was nothing on them. Someone on here told me to route one heater core hose to the rear and on the front of the intake connect the hose to the therm stat housing. I now have water flowing through my intake but I still cannot get a reading on my gauge. The gauge starts at 130*.

Isn't there supposed to be water flowing from the head through the intake where they bolt up? Mine doesn't. :confused:

The stat is new and is working properly also.

So I'm trying to get my manual water temp gauge to read with no luck.

I'll start from the beginning....Started working on the jeep and noticed on the front and back of the intake there are places for what looks like heater hoses to connect. There was nothing on them. Someone on here told me to route one heater core hose to the rear and on the front of the intake connect the hose to the therm stat housing. I now have water flowing through my intake but I still cannot get a reading on my gauge. The gauge starts at 130*.

Isn't there supposed to be water flowing from the head through the intake where they bolt up? Mine doesn't. :confused:

The stat is new and is working properly also.

Heater hose on the BACK of the intake?? That doesn't sound right from your description, but a picture or two would really help...

If I understand your post correctly, as of now you have the sender in the hose where water is flowing and the gauge doesn't read?

Sounds like the gauge is broken. Let's eliminate the gauge. Boils some water, put the sending unit in it and see if it shows a temp.

Nope..the water comes out of the head at the thermostat thru the heater core hose into the intake then out of the intake into the heater core...I live in Texas and did not leave the hose connected to the intake..I did not need my carb to be 150deg on a 100deg August afternoon :chug: If I remember correctly isnt there a spot on the thermostat housing for your gauge

Nope..the water comes out of the head at the thermostat thru the heater core hose into the intake then out of the intake into the heater core...I live in Texas and did not leave the hose connected to the intake..I did not need my carb to be 150deg on a 100deg August afternoon :chug: If I remember correctly isnt there a spot on the thermostat housing for your gauge
This is exactly right. I totaly agree. The only reason I hooked up the intake was I couldnt find any place for my temp sending unit to go and I wanted to know what the temp was running. I hope you are right about one on the thermo housing. I will look closer at it. If there is, I can go back the way it was, no water in the intake.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom