water hoses for heater core essential?

water hoses for heater core essential?

escobar

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1976 CJ5 258. MC2150 carb, PSC steering, Team Rush upgrade, 1 piece rear axles, all electronics relayed. Coming soon: Herculined tub, camo paint- and a bunch of filthy, muddy kids!
My 76' CJ5 AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l heating system water lines are disconnected. The hose is coming off the the engine and routed right back to the return. Im not going to worry about heating the cab right now. Can I cap these or does the engine use this line for water flow? From what I understand, its not essential for the engine cooling system.

If anyone here has done this what did you use to block the ports?

Thanks guys.

It is ok to plug these. The engine doesn't need the flow for any reason. I don't remember what the hose nipples are. If they screw in, you can take them out and put in a pipe plug. If they are pressed in, NAPA sells 5/8" and 3/4" heater block off caps.

Ok cool. Thank you for that. That hose is just FUGLY.

running the hose from one to the other is the easiest way to do this any way you look at it. capping the one at the head will be difficult and capping the one at the water pump will be interesting as well. Can't wait to see what you come up with. You probably have a leak in the heater core or it wouldn't be bypassed.:D

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom