8.25 Rear
Dana 30 Front
2" lift
30" Tires
1996 Cherokee ex-forest service
6.5" lift
33" tires
locker
I replaced the send unit and still nothing on the gauge. New thermostat, new water pump, new aluminum radiator. Still the guage reads nothing. The Fuel gauge works, but the Temperature gauge is a no go. I was wondering if it is something simple in the wiring :wtf:, as if that is possible. Maybe I should go to an aftermarket set up. Any suggestions :dunno:

I found a 2-5/8 temp gauge that fit perfectly into the clock location.Way more accurate than the stock one. Cut an extra hole for the new fuel gauge and went that route also. Stock temp./fuel gauges never did read correctly. If you do decide to go aftermarket make sure you get the right Ohms range for the fuel gauge. 10-73 ohms.

I just installed a mech temp gauge ion my CJ5 . I rather have a non electrical one as they are much more accurate. There is a plug on the front passenger side of the manifold that I was able to thread it into. My stock one also was very flaky. Sometimes it moves sometimes not. I replaced the sender and checked the witing but my last option was a new gauge and I wasnt wasting the time there for something that I dont know the real temp...

I just installed a mech temp gauge ion my CJ5 . I rather have a non electrical one as they are much more accurate. There is a plug on the front passenger side of the manifold that I was able to thread it into. My stock one also was very flaky. Sometimes it moves sometimes not. I replaced the sender and checked the witing but my last option was a new gauge and I wasnt wasting the time there for something that I dont know the real temp...

Would there be any way you could take a picture of where you installed your temperature gauge? I have an aftermarket gauge I would love to get installed, but I don't want to screw anything up putting it in.

Thanks,
Coach

I will have to take a phot when I bring it back to my house. Currently at my friends until I get the driveshafts back from being modified with the Transmission swap to a 4sp from the 3sp.

Being a 72 there was very little gauges and lights on the dash. I installed the temp to the right of the steering column at the bottom of the dash. Above that I installed a 3 3/4" tach. Further to the right you have the ignition switch and the Heater box getting in the way.

I have a though to make a dash extension on the passenger side that basically will allow me to hide an amp for the stereo. The radio will be mounded in the center console....

Have you come across this guy?? Double D Fab

Were did you drill and tap on the engine? I need a more accurate temp gauge and was looking for a place to install it, since the factory gauge is to small for the aftermarket gauge to fit in.

Thanks,
Coach

I have an edelbrock performed intake. On the passenger side there is a plug whick is for a standard temp sensor. If you have one fo the OEM manifolds Im not sure of that plug is there. If so you can use it. I'd be afraid to drill the orignal manifold unless you know exactly where the water passage is. I also have a radiator cap with a temp gauge on it. Can never have too much.

On the 20min breakin I ran 195deg for 20mins and about 160 at the radiator.

Pretty sure my stock manifold had the same plug location on the passenger side of the manifold towards the front. Fairly large. My Edelbrock manifold has same location. Mine was a plug with a square hole that was a B**ch to get out. A 3/8 drive ratchet was too large to fit.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom