Weber...blues

Weber...blues

firedocs

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1985 Jeep Cj-7 Black and Honey Laredo, hard top 5 speed manual, Bone stock head to toe-Factory A/C, stainless package, 258-I6, stock carter bbd, less than 100k miles.
I have the Weber blues. Installed on AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l 1985 Laredo , need some adjustment maybe? Anyway it runs horrible, skips, no power. Is there a diagram on what to adjust? Do I need to adjust anything at all? So many screws and or adjustments I don't know which to fiddle with. Any help? Weber 32/34

ps-already replaced all plugs,wires and nutter by pass.

Thanks
Tim

I have adjusted the timing to around +6 or +8. The thing seems more like a skip, like a cylinder is not firing, you can hear it very vividly at the tail pipe. I am confused and need direction to nail down the problem. The carb. may have the answer or not. I really would like to get this baby running before summer is over, it ran good with all stock "stuff" except the idle, but that was going to be the Weber fix...IDK

Tim

I have adjusted the timing to around +6 or +8. The thing seems more like a skip, like a cylinder is not firing, you can hear it very vividly at the tail pipe. I am confused and need direction to nail down the problem. The carb. may have the answer or not. I really would like to get this baby running before summer is over, it ran good with all stock "stuff" except the idle, but that was going to be the Weber fix...IDK

Tim

Follow the links above.

Got a picture of your Weber? One looking down from the top.

Is it a progressive or a simultaneous carb?

I run a progressive 28/32 on my Goldwing. Never have to fiddle with it after initial setup. so a bit confused on the statement that they need constant tuning.

Ran an MG Midget for five years with one on it. Never had to fiddle with it either.

The Weber site should have tune-up instructions on it, or you might be able to get them from somewhere on the web.

There are a couple of really good books out on the Webers that you can get from book stores.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom