Weber carb air filter options

Weber carb air filter options

ppd1107

Jeeper
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1978 CJ-7 258
I recently installed a Weber DGAV 32/36 carb. I bought a new air filter at that time. A couple of days ago I noticed that the air filter already has holes in it and is damaged with a couple of hundred miles on it. Are there any other options for a more durable air filter. I got on KN website and put in the dementions of my current air filter but they did not list any filter with the same size I had.

There are several weber carbs for use on the Jeep CJs. The Weber 32/36 is the only one that I know of you can get a "ADAPTER" and run the stock jeep air cleaner and the filter that would be used in it.

This would shield the filter from splash, mud, and rocks. I can only guess you kicked up some rocks that hit your filter. For those that romp pretty hard off road this is a good option. For those that use the jeep in very cold conditions like winters here in MN this would allow the stock warm air tube off the exhaust. Keeps the carb from icing up in very cold weather. I do not use my CJ in winter but the few times I have... there have been times the carb looked like a very frosty mug of beer.... or this mug of atomized gas.

Weber North America will have your jeep CJ air cleaner to Weber 32/36.
Monday - Friday 9 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Eastern Time
Weber Carbs Direct
20 Constance Court
Hauppauge, NY 11788
(866) 679-3237 Toll Free US Only
http://www.webercarbsdirect.com/aboutus.asp

I have a weber 34/34 and this option is not avail to me/ 34/34. The stock jeep air cleaner.

You could also wrap the Weber Carb in a metal mesh to protect from rock hits. I can see you problem happening.... but I have my weber installed for 3 yrs and still looks good. If you play hard the stock air cleaner might be a good idea for you.

PS...
I have a extra jeep AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l air cleaner.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom