Weber questions

Weber questions

cdlongjr

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
1983 Jeep CJ-5, 1987 Wrangler YJ, 1974 J-10
The wife's jeep has a Weber on the AMC 258 i6 / 4.2l . I called them to find out what model it is after I found a serial number tag. They told me they couldn't tell from the serial number, but since it was on a Jeep, it was a ????. They also said the model number was stamped in the base of the carb. I can't find any numbers other than the serial number. When I looked that number up, it was a Jeep conversion kit. My problem is the mix screw is all the way in, with no difference in the idle, she's smoking & the new pugs are coal black. From what I've read, the jets are too big, but I don't know where the jets are to check the size. I think they are the 2 brass screws in the rear. Anyone help me out? There's only one mix screw on he dr's side.

Attachments

• Carb dr's side.jpg
    Carb dr's side.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 2,060
  • Carb front.jpg
    Carb front.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 684
  • Carb pass side.jpg
    Carb pass side.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 1,671
  • Carb rear.jpg
    Carb rear.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 464
  • Carb rear mirror.jpg
    Carb rear mirror.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 1,227
the jets are most of the time on carbs ive done inside the carb not sure on a weber. you will have to take it apart. most of the time weber will say you should run a regulator on it set at something like 3 to 3.5 i think.

PO redid the entire fuel system. Holley pump, etc. I'm being told it's the float level or the jets. I don't now enough about these carbs to be comfortable working on them w/o some guidance.

I think you need a regulator on the fuel line.I just sold a Weber 32/32 I think and it did not look anything like your Carb.

Tired of messin' w/ it. MC2100 here I come.

I have heard from many reliable sources about the fuel pressure regulator. From what I understand, the seal on the inlet of the carb is very weak on a weber and if your fuel pump pumps around 5 or 6 psi ( average press on regular pump ) it bypasses the seal and runs way to rich, i think around 3 psi is about right

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom