What a whiner

What a whiner

60wcj5

Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
60 cj5 289 Ford, Warn overdrive. Completely rust free. Lifetime garaged rig.
So driving at any speed in two or four wheel drive and Overdrive in or out my t case whines. Very loud over 40 mph. Time for a rebuild or normal. Where can I find a kit for an 18 with warn OD.

So driving at any speed in two or four wheel drive and Overdrive in or out my t case whines. Very loud over 40 mph. Time for a rebuild or normal. Where can I find a kit for an 18 with warn OD.

The Dana 18 is an offset output Transfer Case and all the power is transfered trough the gears at all times. Some gear whine is normal.

The main shaft and needle bearings in the Spicer 18 Transfer Case are prone to wear and it will whine like crazy when starting to go. It is time for a rebuild. Check Advanced Adaptors or Novak for an upgraded shaft kit. It will help make things last a little longer but if you are running an 18 this is a fact of life. Great case other than that though.

The 18 is an easy rebuild(once out) but there are 3 diff intermidiate shaft sizes so be carefull to get the right one if you do go down that road. The OD is only attached to the rear of the Tcase input shaft and of no consiquence to a rebuild.

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom