what axles do i have ?

what axles do i have ?

cjnewbie

Active Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
79 cj7 360 3 speed
I was looking at my axles compared to a friends stock CJ5 today and we have completely diffrent axles also my bolt pattern is much larger so is there a link that shows all or most of the axles that i can try and figure out what i have ? thanks as always guys

I was looking at my axles compared to a friends stock CJ5 today and we have completely diffrent axles also my bolt pattern is much larger so is there a link that shows all or most of the axles that i can try and figure out what i have ? thanks as always guys
pics help. if they are stock you have narrow track AMC20 rear and Dana 30 front. with a 5.5 bolt pattern

ok so then what i have is the stock stuff but with manual hubs up front and the axle conversion on the rear correct?
maual hubs in the front are stock, as for one piece axles you can tell by looking at the hubs in the rear if they are flat then you somebody put one piece axles in it, if it has a threaded shaft coming out of the center with a crown nut and cotter pin then you got the factory 2 piece axles

his CJ5 has what looks like a cap on a tailor axle on the front and rear and i put some pics of mine up but my front has manual hubs that say superwinch and the rear has the flat flang at the wheel end like what i would think of as a regular axle thats why i didnt give any thought until i seen his today and thanks agin for the input and sorry for my ignorence lol

The thing with Jeeps is so many swap parts out. But they changed stuff over the years. Early CJ5 's had Dana 44 rears. flanged in 71 off set (65-71) 72 -73 flanged center Dana 44 .People also swap in Ford 9" and Scout Dana 44 's rears. Early CJ's had the 6bolt hubs later had the 5 bolt.

I vote Peugeot
and until I see pics I will argue that is what they are

if it has open knuckle it is a Dana 30 , if they are closed it is a d25 or d27

rear is a Corporate 20

both are stock axles

trust me, you have open knuckles

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom