What lockers would be best?

What lockers would be best?

GatorBate

Senior Jeeper
Media
Thanks
Vehicle(s)
81 CJ5 Renegade, 304,TBI, PaceSetter Headers, T-177, D-300-4:1, AMC-20, D-30,(OX Lockers W/Electric Shifters),3.54, XRC8 winch. OME 2" lift
I Recently bought a 1981 CJ5 Renegade . The first mod I would like to do would be rear lockers. I do not want to degrade its road-ability but, I want good lockers that will not bend, break, or bust and will do it's job in the dirt and Rocks. Any suggestions? :D

I Recently bought a 1981 CJ5 Renegade . The first mod I would like to do would be rear lockers. I do not want to degrade its road-ability but, I want good lockers that will not bend, break, or bust and will do it's job in the dirt and Rocks. Any suggestions? :D

I recently installed a Detroit locker in the rear and offroad it's sweet, onroad not so. If you spend the majority of time on the street you may want to go with a Limited slip or one of the selectables(ARB/OX/etc) lockers, I went with my choice because I don't spend enough time on the street and also did not want to add the complexity of a selectable.

I do not want to degrade its road-ability but, I want good lockers that will not bend, break, or bust and will do it's job in the dirt and Rocks. Any suggestions? :D

ARB, OX or Eaton. Turn them on for the tough stuff than turn them off for the road. The arb is air so you must have on board air. the ox can be had with air, cable or elect operation, the Eaton is elect. They are all very well built, but IMO the ox is the most HD.

My vote would be an ARB air locker. A little pricey but it will give you the best of both worlds at the flick of a switch.

The alternative would be an Eaton electronic locker if they make it for your axle. If so, it will give you the same behavior at the flick of a switch too.

Along with whatever you go with you will want to upgrade your axles while you have it apart and just so happens I have a new unopened Mosier 1 piece axle kit for the AMC20 narrow track that I should get ride of and at a discount. :D

Thanks for your input. I like the Eaton ELocker but I can't find one for the AMC20 . OX has both electric and air actuators for their lockers. the electric is a motor that pulls the cable for you. The air is a pneumatic cylinder mounted on the side of the housing. both are about $175 upgrade. Auburn makes the ECTED. It is Limited slip when disengage. One thing that I really like about the short, narrow CJ5 is its turning radius. I'm afraid that Limited slip mite interfere with turning on soft surfaces like sand. Right now it looks like ox with the electric upgrade is the winner.:chug:

Jeep-CJ Donation Drive

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.

Help support Jeep-CJ.com by making a donation.
Goal
$200.00
Earned
$0.00
This donation drive ends in
Back
Top Bottom